Monday, August 10, 2009

Altered Tins

I am in a swap with one of my yahoo groups and we had to decorate tins- like altoids boxes-
I was a little bit nervous at first, I didnt really know where to begin-The group is an all things Tim Holtz group so we had to use as many of his products as we could- here they are:

The first tin was decorated with stream/cranberry alcohol ink- after the ink was dry I dabbed silver alcohol ink all over to give it a shiny tint. The flowers on top were made out of the new grunge paper- I traced the flowers and cut them out, then I inked them with faded jeans distress ink, and I sprayed them with copper perfect pearls mixed with water. The penny in the center is a canadian penny that I found in my car.
Other embelishments include- a word tag, brad and game spinner from Tim Holtz, a piece of tulle, and various stickers, rubons and stamped images.

The 2nd tin was inked with alcohol inks as well once dry it was inked with gold alcohol for the shiny effect. The embelishments included are the stamped skull and crossbones on the top. I stamped the image onto grunge paper and cut it out, then I embossed the image with ranger black embossing powder to give it the evil look, I also did the crow the same way.
Other emblishments include- twine, prima silk flowers, stamped images from Tim Holtz, and various stickers and rubons.

Last but not least I did a tiny pill tin- it is so cute- but because it is smaller than the others it was difficult to decorate.
I inked it with alcohol inks as well. The embelishments include a grungeboard tag, and heart that were inked with fired brick and faded jeans distress ink, ribbon, stickers, rubons and a word pin.
I had a lot of fun creating the tins, I cant wait to do some more! Dawn :)

4 comments:

Scott, Holly, Teagan and Jellybean said...

I love the tins! They turned out great!

Amber said...

wow! those look great. I wouldn't know where to start with something like that either!

Monica Sandström said...

Amazing! They are so beautiful!

Unknown said...

Kewl Tins