Saturday, September 6, 2008

Spoooky Tags

I have been busy making tags for my demo during our Scrap Pink event. These tags are Halloween and Fall. Halloween is my most favoritest holiday, (perhaps my birthday 3 days before has something to do with it). Anyway, I love creating Halloween goodies, here are a few tags that I wanted to share. Happy crafting!
This is a spooky tag created by wetting the cardstock, and then crinkling. I did that twice and then inked it with Distress Black Soot ink. The letters are Daisy D's rub ons, and the stamped image is raised with a pop dot to make the skeleton head pop off of the tag.

This scary Haunted House tag is created on a manila tag, that I inked. The Haunted House is an acrylic stamped image that I colored in with Gamsol and prisma colored pencils. I love the way that the Gamsol gives the appearance of watercolors. Also attached to the tag are Halloween spangles and the foam word "Boo" and a foam ghost.

I love this Fall tag. I painted a large white cardstock tag with brown acrylic paint. I used a pattern to piece together the pumpkins and the vine. After creating the pumpkins I used clear embossing powder to enhace the outside lines of the pumpkins, the vines and the sticker letters. I think the embossing gives it that little extra "ooomph".



Love to all,

Dawn

4 comments:

Andrea Nicole Plotts said...

These tags are really wonderful, you can tell you put alot of love into your creations and that Halloween is your favorite :) I love the first tag, its really awesome!!! Again Good luck with your Demo :D Have a great remainder of your weekend!

Amber, Scott, and Carter said...

i really like the middle one! those people at ac moore better look out....they didn't know what they asked for! :)

Dawn said...

Thanks everyone, I hope it does go well at AC Moore, I would love to do some classes either there or at our Scrapbook/Stamping stores. I just dont know about how I do that w/o bugging them to death. Anyway, Ande I will make you a Halloween tag and send it to you. Espically since you were so kind to send me some of your beautiful ATC's
Amber thanks again for the t-shirt I cant wait to see it.
Dawn :)

Scott, Holly, Teagan and Jellybean said...

I like these better that the pink ones. They look really good.