Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Making Tags and Staying Busy

I made some tags to display and promote the AC Moore scrap night on the 16th, and here they are. Please let me know what you think of them. Peggy from AC Moore said that we would be making Autumn/Thanksgiving/Christmas/Winter tags at the event. I hope you enjoy!


These are the autumn tags. I used regular paper tags and embossed them with the Cuttlebug. The new autumn folders are awesome (thanks Melanie). After embossing I inked with distress ink- Vintage Photo and Spiced Marmalade. Gratitude and Fall is in the air, are stamped and raised with pop dots. Additional embellishments are buttons, brads, stickers and ribbon.

This tag was also embossed with a new Cuttlebug folder-Ornaments- It was also inked with distress ink- Fired Brick and Vintage Photo- The ornament stickers are coated with a film of Ranger's Glossy Accents to make them look like epoxy. Other embellishments include Stickles, 3-d stars, Gelly roll glitter pen and ribbon.

Brr! It's Cold Outside! These snow tags were embossed as well- (Can you tell I had a great time playing with Melanie's embossing folders). The Paisley tag is pretty simple, it has white buttons, a snowflake brad, sticker letters, and a raised paisley winter embellishment.

The snowman tag, was inked with Vibrance baby blue ink, the snowman was stamped with Versamark ink and then double embossed with clear embossing powder, after the clear powder was set, I re inked the outline with a Versamark pen and embossed the image again with Ranger cobalt blue embossing powder. I then attached him to the tag using pop dots. Other embellishments include, ribbon, ribbon slider jeweled brads, snowflake brad, ribbon, stamped image Brr! and stamped snowflake on a separate tag.

The Santa tag was created using a rounded tag cut with the Cricut. I then attached the sleigh, presents, Santa sticker and Santa label. Around the bottom of the sleigh I added Stickles glitter glue to look like snow. The entire tag was inked with Vibrance- Christmas Tree Green Ink.

The snowflake tag was a white core blue paper tag, that I embossed and then sanded to reveal the white core. Additional embellishments include silver sparkle ribbon, 2 snowflake brads, large snowflake glitter sticker, and a snow sticker that was placed on a round metal tag, that was attached with pop dots.

And last but not least- I told you I was staying busy :)- I made the tree tag and the gingerbread boy tag. These were probably the funniest to make because they are inked, distresses, wrinkled and worn. The images were stamped and then stamped again and attached with pop dots. They were also colored using Prisma colored pencils and Gamsol. After coloring I used Candy Cane Stickles to embellish the tree ornaments and the holly berries on the gingerbread boy. The tags themselves were inked with: Shabby Shutters and Vintage Photo for the Tree tag, and Walnut Stain and Vintage Photo for the Gingerbread boy- He looks much more worn because after inking the first time I wet the tag with a mini mister and re inked. Additional embellishments include, ribbon pieces, star stickers coated with Glossy Accents, chipboard and "real" buttons sewn on with thread, Gelly roll glitter pen for accent, Merry Christmas stickers outlined with Candy Cane Stickles, and red and brown ribbon for ties.

I hope you enjoy the tags. Thanks for stopping by and taking a look. Like I said please let me know what you think!

Happy Crafting and Love to all, Dawn

7 comments:

Scott, Holly, Teagan and Jellybean said...

I love all the tags. They are great. So talented. That crafting bug sure did skip me.

Dawn said...

No it didnt you just havent found your craftiness yet, it will come....Just be paitent. :)

Amber, Scott, and Carter said...

I love them all!! the fall is in the air one and the red trim the tree ones are my fav, but they are all fantastic.

I agree Holly....you just haven't found what you enjoy yet!

Anonymous said...

Once again I bow to your tag goddessness. ;)

Dawn said...

Jamie, You have to stop! :) I wish that I could write half as well as you do. I love the new house and the pictures, I laugh outloud everytime I read your blog!!! THe scraproom is the BOMB! I love the papered wall. :)

Sparkle and Flourish said...

Wow! stumbled upon your blog...these tags are amzing. I have never used the distress inks in this way. How do you apply the ink to the tags? I think they are just totally awesome!
Judy x

Dawn said...

Thank you so much- I appreciate the comments- I use the ink blending tool, makeup spounges, or stipple brushes. THe Autumn tag was embossed so I just rubbed ink on it and it stands out really well. I am an ink junkie.... I use it on almost everything I do. Glad you liked them. There are a lot more if you keep going through my blog, you might get some ideas...
Dawn :)