Monday, November 24, 2008

Beautiful Butterflies


I was visiting a blog that I watch regularly and noticed that he was making beautiful butterflies, when I looked closer I realized that the butterflies were more than art they were representing all of the children that died during the Holocaust. So being me- I wanted to help and I want to ask anyone else who reads my blog to help- I will be making butterflies and you can too. I am including the link to Dan's blog- http://dan99.blogspot.com/2008/11/butterfly-project-freebie.html on here you can read about The Butterfly Project, download butterfly patterns and see some completed butterflies. I hope that some of you out there will join me. Remember that they will be representing children, so of course children can participate as well. The only regulations are they can't be bigger that 8x10, and they cant have glitter on them. I look forward to hearing about your beautiful butterflies. Here is the link to the company that is collecting them, http://www.hmh.org/minisite/butterfly/index.html. You can visit for more info.

5 comments:

Amber, Scott, and Carter said...

so, what is he doing with the butterflies once they are finish? are they going into some bigger project?

also, I think you meant to say they "can't" be bigger than 8X10....is that right?

Dawn said...

Yea, they cant be bigger- I have to send them to an address and they will display them on a Holocaust monument display thing. Sounds cool doesnt it.

Amber, Scott, and Carter said...

cool, that sounds like a neat project. can't wait to see you guys.

Cecile said...

I am heading over there right now. Dawn, you are the sweetest always helping others::))We have got to get together I live very close to Savannah and I know that you visit here and I will be in MYrtle Beach in April on a camping trip so who knows we might just meet...
Happy Thanksgiving!!!
Hugs!Cecile

Dawn said...

Cecile, That is great that you are coming to MB in April, please let me know when I would love, love to meet up with you! I probably will not be back in GA anytime soon. I was going because I was engaged to someone there, and well life happens, and in my case weddings dont happen... But that is ok, I am great and so is life! ANyway, I look forward to april, I have a great store that I can show you.